Diary of a Fat Man

Follow me on my journey to lose 200lbs. You will see it all here: all my victories, and all my defeats. The good, the bad, the ugly







Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Transmission #008

Todays tips are borrowed from all the 12 step programs:
First, take it one day at a time. Say to yourself, "TODAY I will eat right, and exercise". This will break down your diet into smaller, easier to reach goals, as opposed to the daunting goal of "I will eat right, and exercise every day for the rest of my life".
Also, if you fall off the wagon, DONT beat yourself up. All this will do is make you feel bad, and if your an emotional eater like I am, will cause you to continue over eating. If you fall, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again. It doesnt make you a bad person or a weak person. It makes you human.
Finally, find a support system. find at least one or two people that you can call at any time when you are feeling like veering off the path. Find people that can support you with words of encouragement. I know personally, that without all my amazing friends, and incredible family supporting me in this, I would have allready quit.
So, I hope these tips help you guys, and as always, I thank you SO much for reading this and for your undying support in this journey. I couldn't do it without you.

2 comments:

  1. Once in a while we need to let ourselves have something we want so that we don't go overboard because we have denied ourselves for so long. There are ways to balance these cheats though, just like you said- don't beat yourself up for it, and just get back on the plan. I get the sauce I want or entree I want, but I add veggies that go well with it, or salad or mixed veggies instead of fries if I don't want to go all out (depends what your craving is for). Just an idea for going out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point. It's about balance. However, for me, I'm like a crack head. I can't do it once in awhile. At least for now.

    ReplyDelete